May 10, 2012

Tunnel

May 10, 2012

Tunnel, France, 2012

Mt. Sion Tunnel, France, 2012

I've seen these type of pictures taken in tunnels before, and I quite like them. I thought I would have a go myself, and I'm pretty happy the result. I think one of the things that draws me to them is the simplified graphic nature of the resulting images. Most of the details have been lost to the motion blur, and what results usually has a smooth and somewhat futuristic feel. I think I'll keep dabbling with these, it's something fun to do in the car.

The Mt. Sion tunnel is 3.1 km long, and located on the (toll) highway between Geneva and Annecy. For more information about this tunnel, see this link. It does shorten the travel time between Geneva and Annecy, but I prefer to use the D1201 route, probably because that tunnel takes all the traffic instead of the department road.

search