April 14, 2012

Serious Red

April 14, 2012

Red Wall

Red Wall

Switzerland (2012)


I've been thinking lately about how I want to capture the CERN that I have experienced for the past two years. This photograph is one that will definitely go into that photo essay. Most of what is broadcast about CERN is not what I have experienced, how could it be. In the press and on the minds of scientists is the science, the experiment halls and the instruments themselves. But these are not places you work. Science happens mostly in our heads, and in our computers. The experiment halls and the instruments are totally off limits most of the time due to radiation safety issues. What remains is our offices and the above ground campus of CERN. That will be the focus of my essay. I'm not sure when it will be completed, but it's something that I very much want to do.

search