January 30, 2012

Pan Blur

January 29, 2012

The texture of this is something I really didn't expect, it looks like these were made with a paint brush to me. There aren't any special effects applied, even the LR Clarity slider is on the positive side of zero (that is making more clarity, less fuzziness). I was inspired to try this by a picture that appeared on Juha's Light Scrape blog last week. I think it had been on my list of things to try for some time before that.

Forest Impressions I

Forest Impressions I

France (2012)

Forest Impressions II

Forest Impressions II

France (2012)


I'm looking forward to applying this technique to some other scenes, I'd like to try something horizontal, or even a swirl. These were with 1/10 and 1/8 second exposures, respectively, I want to play around with that to see what else is possible. Should be fun, it's a really great way to get some smooth colors.

I also found out that this is called 'pan blur'.

search