April 24, 2012

A walk at the pond

April 24, 2012

Tulip Shoots and sky

Tulip shoots and sky

France (2012)


Tulip Shoots (b&w)

Tulip shoots (b&w)

France (2012)


On Sunday morning I went for a walk at the Etang d'Cessy, a public park around a pond in the woods and the middle of some farmland near my apartment. I went because the day before Alessandra and I had gone for a run in the rain here, and I had noticed the tulip shoots growing up out of pond (it has swollen from the recent rains).

"Running in the rain isn't so bad, kind of fun actually, its like an adventure", said Alessandra. Quite a change from a year ago!

These lily pads are the other thing that caught my eye while I was there. Especially the ghostly looking ones that are submerged under the higher water level. The only thing that is missing is a frog.

Lilly pads

Lily pads

France (2012)


Lilly pads

Lily pads

France (2012)


Also, the second great internet outage of 2012 continues, so I have limited connectivity. To avoid a severe case of ennui I have been reflecting on my attachement to the internet, I look out the window to watch the rain, and I have bought a book to read. How did we live 10 years ago? Oh yeah, we watched TV all the time. I think I'd like to try again to spend less time on the internet, or at least less aimless, couch potato time. I have been catching up on my photo library duties too, and the apartment is looking rather tidier these days.

search