April 30, 2012

Trains

April 30, 2012

The Old Train Station

The Old Train Station

France, 2012


A couple of weeks ago I went out looking to make some pictures of the old train line that runs up to Divonne les Bains from somehwere. I followed it on the map from Divonne, back to Gex and decided that was enough of a stretch to start with. I figured it would a decent way to see a bit more of the area, maybe find a few old buildings and some stretches of rail line. So, off we went, I brought along the lovely Alessandra, patient as ever, for the afternoon's wanderings.

The start of the days wanderings was at the old train station in Divonne, pictured above. Seemed like a good start, interesting old building, simple and functional french styling, battered and broken shutters and blinds. Lots of character.

Well, I wish the rest of the day had followed through. We found an interesting old steel overpass. An old stone wall (not too near the rail line), and some nice little French towns. Just not very much rail related items. I guess sometimes its like that.

search