March 10, 2012

Some things I saw in the woods

March 10, 2012

I've decided to embrace the lack of color in the region and season, and work on some black and white pictures.

The light has been really spectacular the last couple of days. I guess it's getting to be spring time. I'll go for another walk tonight, probably in the same woods to see what I see. These were all at 35mm focal length (on a DX/crop body), today I'll try with my other lens, a zoom, but at 24mm.

Forest

Forest

France (2012)


Pathway

Pathway

France (2012)


Trees for the Forest

Trees for the Forest

France (2012)


Ray of light (I)

Ray of Light (I)

France (2012)


These are all LR4 (not beta) conversions. I'm looking at Nik Silver Efex Pro 2, but right now it doesn't agree with LR4, too new I guess. When they are cooperating I'll give the trial another go.

search