February 7, 2012

The Cold Wind

February 7, 2012

A bit of reportage; it's really freakin' cold!

Cold Wind Blows Across Europe

A Cold Wind Blows Across Europe

Switzerland (2012)

Cold Wind Blows Across Europe

A Cold Wind Blows Across Europe

Switzerland (2012)


The second picture is from the car, so the positioning isn't optimal. I would have liked to be a little more to the right, but I like the bundled up commuter, so I take what I get.

Also, I was playing around with 50mm on my zoom lens, thinking harder about what my next lens choice will be. I can only really think of a couple more that I think I woud want, ever, so I was "playing with one of them". I really like the perspective I get with the 50mm, even on DX. Also, I'm thinking of doing some portraiture of my family when I'm back home next. So the 50 might be next. Honestly the other lens I'm contemplating is a super wide angle one, but it's screw focus, so I'll have to wait for the old body upgrade for that. I think a 135mm old manual lens would be great, and inexpensive too. I don't have anything with that kind of reach currently, so when I decide to get that it'll just be a surprise all around.

Another thing that motivated this was that I realized how useful a narrow depth of field really is, and how frustrating it can be when you can't get it. My zoom dens can't get to wide, f/5.6 at 50mm, which doesn't offer too narrow of a depth of field. The DoF really is one of knobs to turn on the isolation plane of photography, so I think I want to be able to really use it.


Thats all for now....

search