January 4, 2012

An afternoon walk in the winter

January 4, 2012

Just went for a nice walk in the afternoon, past the neighboring dairy farm. While the sun was up, it wasn't too bad, but when it started to go down it got cold and breezy pretty quick.

An Array of Trees

An Array of Trees

France (2012)


The end of the field

The end of the field

France (2012)


Fence Row

Fence Row

France (2012)




I got pretty excited about these last two, the sun was getting very low, probably even partly behind the Jura, so about 10 degrees above the "real" horizon, and the light was coming through these grasses so nice. I got a couple of successful pictures, and a few that were obviously ruined by my haste. The sun was fading fast!

Oh, and on a technical note, I finally went ahead and blew off my sensor with the rocket blower thing, there was a HUGE chunk of dust in the middle that must have collected some smaller buddy dust, and the shadow was ridiculous! I healed these in the shots I put up on flickr a few days ago, and they're totally gone now.

search